Monday, September 1, 2014

From Colombia to the world... passing through Fort Lauderdale

Before this trip there was a lot of planning going on with flights and budget and so on, but I won't bore you with that. Later on on this blog there will be a section on how the hell I planned everything.
Traveling in itself started the 1st of September from Bogota, Colombia, where my dear friends Yani (from Argentina) and Edna (from Yopal, Colombia), went with me to the airport to say their farewells. Having many Colombian friends even in different parts of the world, I am fortunate to have someone who is always so kind to give me a place to crash in Fort Lauderdale. This is the third time Carlos has taken me in, and again I'm very thankful (please come visit me so I don't feel so guilty). The evening I arrived we went for wonderful Mexican Mole, I had missed it so much. Then went to BestBuy to get myself a camera, a US$100 Samsung with WiFi. It seemed good at the beginning, didn't impress me so much later on. It kinda just focuses when it wants to. Whats the point of having a 12x zoom if it only focuses when it's at its maximum zoom or no zoom at all? Anyway, I don't recommend it much. Back to Fort Lauderdale, I was only there till the evening of the 2nd of Sep, so during the day I walked around and bought myself a big caramel chocolate apple and then headed back to Carlos' place. Time to repack.
That afternoon Carlos was sweet enough to drive me back to the airport and say our farewells, not to mention he had given me this little guidebook of Turkey that saved my life every once in a while. Thank you again Carlos for tacking me in again and for always spoiling me with yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment